The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows Using Cisco Core Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco® DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles. You will learn how to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and how to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
Achieving Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification proves your skills in developing and maintaining applications built on Cisco platforms. To earn DevNet Associate certification, you pass one exam that covers the fundamentals of software development and design for Cisco platforms.
There are no formal prerequisites for DevNet Associate certification, but you should have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
Ideally, DevNet Associates candidates also have one or more years of experience with software development including Python programming.
Core Exam: Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms (200-901 DEVASC)
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
And before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
This class includes lecture sections and self-study sections. In instructor-led classes, lectures are delivered in real-time, either in person or via video conferencing. In e-learning courses, the lectures are on recorded videos. In both versions, you will need to review self-study sections on your own before taking the certification exam.
- Practicing Modern Software Development
- Describing Software Development Process
- Designing Software
- Introducing Network-Based APIs
- Consuming REST-Based APIs
- Employing Programmability on Cisco Platforms
- Introducing Cisco Platforms
- Describing IP Networks (ELT only)
- Relating Network and Applications
- Employing Model-Driven Programmability with YANG
- Deploying Applications
- Testing and Securing Applications
- Automating Infrastructure
- Parse API Data Formats with Python
- Use Git for Version Control
- Identify Software Architecture and Design Patterns on a Diagram
- Implement Singleton Pattern and Abstraction-Based Method
- Inspect HTTP Protocol Messages
- Use Postman
- Troubleshoot an HTTP Error Response
- Utilize APIs with Python
- Use the Cisco Controller APIs
- Use the Cisco Webex Teams™ Collaboration API
- Interpret a Basic Network Topology Diagram
- Identify the Cause of Application Connectivity Issues
- Perform Basic Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Operations
- Use Cisco Software Development Kit (SDK) and Python for Automation Scripting
- Utilize Bash Commands for Local Development
- Construct a Python Unit Test
- Interpret a Dockerfile
- Utilize Docker Commands to Manage Local Developer Environment
- Exploit Insufficient Parameter Sanitization
- Construct Infrastructure Automation Workflow
Why Learn With Zavic?
Zavic Solutions has everything that you will ever need to excel in the field of networking.